CASA VACANZE FATUCCHI – TUSCANY HOUSE
The apartment “Fatucchi temporary house” is located at the second floor of an historical building in the center of Foiano della Chiana town, in Arezzo province (Tuscany). The builing dates back to the middle of XVI century. In 1716 was property of Bartoli’s florentine nobile family, that at that time was the mayor of the town. The building faces the main town square, from here you can have a privileged view over the events that take place all year long. The apartment is newly restored, preserving some fragments of the old paintings dating back to the nineteenth century.
The apartment hosts up to 7 persons in 125 square meters divided in:
1 Green bedroom (king size bed)
1 Yellow bedroom (1 king size bed and 1 single bed)
1 Open space (2 queen sofa bed )
The history of Foiano’s community is tied to the reclamation of the Valdichiana wantedby the Grand Duke of Tuscany in the 1778. The aretino’s engineer, Vittorio Fossombroni, transformed the swamp through a series of “hydraulic fill”, in a fertile territory that was called “the granary of Tuscany”.